Vegetable and ricotta frittata
Low-fat ricotta cheese
⅓ cup(s), thinly sliced
250 g, cut into florets
Orange sweet potato (kumara)
400 g, cut into 1.5cm cubes
Grated parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute or until bright green and just tender. Drain and refresh in a large bowl of cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place potato in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on High (100%) for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine eggs, egg whites and ricotta in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange potato, broccoli and tomatoes in a 22cm (base measurement) ovenproof frying pan (see tip). Pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture. Lift and tilt pan to distribute egg mixture. Cook over low heat for 6–8 minutes or until frittata is almost set.
- Preheat grill to high. Sprinkle frittata with sunflower seeds and parmesan. Grill for 2–3 minutes or until top is golden and puffed. Cut frittata into wedges to serve.