Veal, fennel and haloumi open sandwich
Lean veal leg steak
320 g, (buy 4 x 100g), uncrumbed
2 small, sliced vertically
1 x 3 second spray(s)
100 g, cut into 4 thick slices
Light whole egg mayonnaise
Whole grain mustard
4 slice(s), (60g slices)
2 medium, thickly sliced
- Remove fronds from fennel and reserve. Slice each fennel vertically into 4 thick slices.
- Preheat a barbecue over medium-high heat. Lightly spray the fennel and lean veal schnitzels with oil. Season. Cook fennel for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and tender.
- Cook veal and haloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side or until veal is cooked to your liking and haloumi is golden.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl.
- Spread sourdough toast with mayonnaise. Top with baby rocket, fennel, veal, roma tomatoes, haloumi and fennel fronds.