400 g, (buy 500g), peeled, chopped
1 x 3 second spray(s)
2 medium, coarsley chopped
2 individual, thinly sliced
1 tbs, finely chopped
Fresh lemon rind
2 tsp, grated
720 g, (6x120g)
Reduced-fat puff pastry
370 g, (3 sheets), just thawed
2 medium, segmented
Baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper. Place beetroot in a single layer on 1 prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, combine egg, shallots, dill and rind in a bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. Cook salmon for 1 minute each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Cool.
- Roll each pastry sheet on a lightly f loured surface to a 25cm x 30cm rectangle. Cut each sheet into two 15cm x 25cm rectangles. Lay 1 piece of pastry on a flat surface. Top 1 piece of salmon with one-sixth of the egg mixture and place, egg-side down, in centre of pastry. Fold pastry to enclose salmon and form a parcel, sealing seams well. Trim excess pastry. Lightly spray top of parcel with oil and sprinkle with one-sixth of the sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining pastry, salmon, egg mixture and sesame seeds to make 6 parcels.
- Place parcels on remaining prepared trays. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine orange, salad mix, beetroot, oil and vinegar in a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve salmon coulibiac with salad.