Sage, pork and lemon meatballs
10 tbs, leaves (1 bunch)
Lean pork mince
1 medium, finely grated
Fresh lemon rind
1 slice(s), 1 x 35g slice to make ½ cup of fresh breadcrumbs
Vegetable stock, liquid, salt-reduced
1 cup(s), (250ml)
¼ cup(s), (60ml)
200 g, risoni
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Finely chop two-thirds of the sage. Combine mince, onion, rind, half the juice, breadcrumbs and chopped sage in a bowl. Shape tablespoons of mixture into 24 balls.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 8 minutes or until browned.
- Combine stock, cream, cornflour and remaining juice in a bowl. Add cream mixture to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook risoni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet instructions, or until tender. Drain.
- Lightly spray remaining sage with oil. Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook sage, turning once, for 2 minutes or until crisp. Top risoni with meatballs and crisp sage.