Rudolph's raspberry cream meringues
Cream of tartar
½ cup(s), (110g)
½ tsp, White
Vanilla bean extract, alcohol free
¼ tsp, (red food colouring)
½ cup(s), (80g), thawed
¼ cup(s), thickened, UHT, (60ml)
½ tsp, Extra
- Peheat oven to 120°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar in a clean, dry bowl on high speed until soft peaks form. Add the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cornflour, vinegar and half the vanilla and beat on low speed until just combined. Drop food colouring into mixture, without stirring. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with an 8mm nozzle. Pipe the mixture into 3cm-wide spirals, 2cm apart, leaving a small well in the centre.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until dry to touch. Turn off oven. Leave meringues in oven, with the door slightly ajar, until cool.
- Drain the thawed raspberries on paper towel. Using electric beaters, beat the cream, icing sugar and remaining vanilla in a small bowl until soft peaks form. Place the thawed, drained raspberries in a separate bowl and crush with a fork. Fold the crushed raspberries into the cream mixture.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of cream mixture into the well of each meringue. Top each with a fresh raspberry and dust with the extra icing sugar.