Roasted pumpkin, tofu, broccoli and pine nut quiche
Reduced-fat shortcrust pastry
135 g, (170g)
Pumpkin, butternut, raw
480 g, cut into 2cm pieces
1 x 3 second spray(s)
1 small, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
Silken or soft tofu
Reduced-fat 15% cheddar cheese
90 g, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil and sprinkle with cumin. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a 20cm (base measurement) f luted flan tin with oil. Line tin with pastry and trim excess. Cover pastry with baking paper and f ill with pastry weights, dried rice or beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and weights and bake for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Cook broccoli in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minute or until bright green and just tender. Drain and refresh in a large bowl of cold water. Drain.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Reduce oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Place tofu and milk in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange broccoli, pumpkin, onion mixture and cheese over pastry base. Pour over tofu mixture and sprinkle with pine nuts. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until filling is set and golden. Cool in tin for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.