One pot spaghetti with pumpkin and pesto
2 x 3 second spray(s)
Extra lean chicken sausage(s)
100 g, (2 x 50g sausages)
1 medium, thinly sliced
3 clove(s), crushed
Salt reduced chicken stock
2 cup(s), (500ml)
¼ cup(s), (cooking cream), (60ml)
Dry wholemeal pasta
1⅓ cup(s), (190g) spaghetti
3⅓ cup(s), (500g), kent variety, cut into 2.5cm pieces
1 bunch(es), cut into 4cm lengths
250 g, halved
¼ cup(s), (65g)
- Lightly spray a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Thickly slice.
- Lightly spray the same pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic and thyme, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add stock, cream and ½ cup (125ml) cold water and bring to the boil. Add spaghetti (see tip). Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until pasta and pumpkin are almost tender. Add asparagus and cook for 1 minute or until heated through and pasta and pumpkin are tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes and rocket. Stir in pesto. Serve scattered with sausage.