One-pot chicken with garlic
whole raw skinless chicken
630 bag(s), (Buy 1.4kg) cut into 8 pieces
2 small, cut into 2cm pieces
2 medium, cut in 2cm pieces
12 clove(s), peeled
1 medium, chopped
2 cup(s), (500ml)
baby spinach leaves
5 cup(s), (150g)
500 g, peeled, chopped
½ cup(s), (125ml)
frozen green peas
2 cup(s), steamed to serve (240g)
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned. Place chicken in a large ovenproof casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid. Arrange the parsnip, carrot and garlic around the chicken.
- Lightly spray the same frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3–5 minutes or until softened. Add the stock and heat through. Pour onion mixture over the chicken. Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Blend the cornflour with ¼ cup (60ml) water in a small bowl and stir into the casserole. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thickened slightly. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the spinach until it just wilts.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave the potato until tender. Drain. Mash potato in a large bowl with milk until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with mashed potatoes and peas.