Green pea croquettes with garlic dressing
81 g, (Buy 90g) fat trimmed, finely chopped
frozen green peas
2 tbs, finely shredded
Uncle Tobys, Quick Oats, Original, Dry
65 g, (¾ cup)
3 cup(s), 1 whole head, green oak variety
1 medium, thinly sliced
1 medium, cut into ribbons
fresh flat-leaf parsley
⅓ cup(s), leaves
Dressing, Creamy Garlic
80 ml, (⅓ cup)
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, turning once, for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Finely chop.
- Meanwhile, cook peas in a small saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until bright green. Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh in cold water. Add asparagus to same pan and boil for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Halve asparagus on the diagonal and set aside. Drain peas.
- Process peas and mint until combined with a coarse texture. Stir in bacon, egg yolks and oats and season with salt and pepper.
- Shape 1½ tablespoons of pea mixture into 16 balls. Transfer to a plate lined with baking paper. Cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook croquettes, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden and heated through.
- Combine lettuce, capsicum, cucumber, asparagus and parsley in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing and serve with croquettes.