Gluten-free spinach, ricotta and thyme tart
Flour, plain, gluten free
1¼ cup(s), (185g)
¼ cup(s), (30g)
Reduced fat oil spread
Baby spinach leaves
2 tbs, chopped
1 clove(s), crushed
Low-fat ricotta cheese
1 tbs, leaves
Reduced fat feta cheese
1 tbs, toasted
- Process flour, xanthan gum, almond meal and spread in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1 tablespoon of water. Process until dough just comes together, adding more water as needed.
- Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper to form a 28cm round. Using paper to lift pastry, transfer to a baking tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam spinach for 2 minutes or until just wilted. Drain. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out excess liquid. Finely chop spinach. Combine spinach, sultanas, garlic, lemon juice, ricotta, feta and half the thyme in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Remove pastry from refrigerator and stand for 5 minutes. Remove top sheet of baking paper. Top pastry with spinach mixture, leaving a 4cm border all around. Fold pastry side partially over filling, using paper as a guide if needed.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and base is cooked through. Serve tart sprinkled with pine nuts and remaining thyme.