Chicken, spinach and pumpkin cannelloni
700 g, peeled, chopped
1 bunch(es), washed
chicken breast mince
4 individual, finely chopped
¼ tsp, (1 pinch)
fresh lasagne sheets
4 individual, (200g)
tomato pasta sauce
500 g, (2 cups)
2 tsp, chopped, plus extra sprigs to garnish
reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1 x 3 second spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 2L (8-cup) capacity ovenproof dish with oil.
- Boil, steam or microwave the pumpkin until tender. Drain. Mash pumpkin in a large bowl until almost smooth.
- Cook the spinach in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well. Squeeze out excess moisture with your hands, then chop roughly. Add the spinach, chicken, shallots and nutmeg to the pumpkin and mix to combine.
- Cut lasagne sheets in half. Combine the pasta sauce and basil in a jug. Spoon ⅓ cup (80ml) of the pumpkin mixture down the middle of each piece of pasta. Roll pasta to enclose filling.
- Spread ½ cup (125ml) of the pasta sauce over the base of the prepared dish. Arrange cannelloni in a single layer on top and cover with the remaining pasta sauce. Sprinkle with the ricotta and bake for 30 minutes or until pasta is tender and top is golden. Divide cannelloni among plates and serve topped with a basil sprig.