Beef fillet with blue cheese and chive butter
2 individual, thinly sliced
2 clove(s), crushed
2 tbs, chopped
lean beef fillet
960 g, (buy 1.2 kg)
blue vein cheese
80 g, crumbled
reduced fat oil spread
800 g, Kipfler, halved
- Tie beef with kitchen string at 3cm intervals. Rub with half the oil. Sprinkle with cracked pepper and season with salt.
- Combine cheese, spread, chives and mustard in a small bowl. Turn mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape into an 11cm x 3cm log. Roll up plastic and twist ends together. Place in fridge for 25 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, turning, for 3–4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 20–25 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thickly.
- Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Heat remaining oil in same cleaned frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes, shallots and garlic, tossing gently, for 3–4 minutes until golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top beef with sliced butter and serve with potatoes.