Zucchini Mini Muffins
whole-grain wheat flour
¼ cup(s), granulated
packed brown sugar
¼ cup(s), dark-variety
¼ cup(s), or almond oil
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Coat two 12 indentation mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Grate zucchini through the large holes of a box grater into a colander in the sink; squeeze out excess moisture by pressing down with a spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, granulated sugar, baking powder, ground ginger and salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk together zucchini, egg white, milk, brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract until sugar is mostly dissolved (might still be a little grainy).
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; stir with a wooden spoon just until there are no pockets of dry flour in the mixture. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, about 2 tablespoons per indentation.
- Bake until browned, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 12 to 14 minutes. Cool in tin for a couple of minutes before turning muffins out and cooling them on a wire rack. Yields 1 muffin per serving.