Vegan Lemon-Poppy Pound Cake
Olive oil cooking spray
Fresh lemon juice
Regular plain soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- X 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and oil. Add maple syrup, poppy seeds, lemon juice and zest; beat again.
- Add about 1/3 of flour mixture to sugar mixture and then stir in 1/3 cup soy milk; beat until just combined. Add another 1/3 of flour mixture and 1/3 cup soy milk; beat until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and soy milk, being careful not to over beat batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until top of cake springs back to the touch and a tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Slice into 12 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.