Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Aquafaba by Coach Chloe
PersonalPoints™ per serving
3 hr 20 min
1 cup(s), chickpea water from a 14 oz can of chickpeas
Dark chocolate chips
7 oz, 54% dark chocolate (200g)
Fresh lemon juice
- Fill a small or medium pot with water and bring to a low boil. Place chocolate chips in a glass or metal bowl and place over pot with boiling water. Melt the chocolate by stirring slowly. Make sure the hot water does not touch the bottom of the bowl with the chocolate chips.
- To another bowl, add aquafaba and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Whip the aquafaba into stiff peaks using a hand or stand mixer. Note that perfect stiff peaks are achieved once the bowl is turned over and the aquafaba remains in the bowl.
- Gently fold the cooled melted chocolate, cinnamon, and vanilla into the aquafaba, using a large metal spoon or spatula, making sure you don’t beat out too much air.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 individual bowls or glasses and set in the fridge for a minimum 3 hours or overnight.
- Serving size: 1/3 cup of chocolate mousse