Toasted Pecan & Apricot Breakfast Cookies
Canned cannellini beans
½ cup(s), rinsed and drained
Quick cooking rolled oats
Dried apricot halves
½ cup(s), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Place pecans on a prepared baking sheet and bake until golden and toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove and cool.
- In a mini food processor or blender, combine beans, applesauce, oil, syrup, and vanilla and process until smooth. Scrape into medium bowl.
- Stir in oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until well blended. Fold in apricots and pecans.
- Using a mini cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. (If you don’t have a cookie scoop roll 2 tbsp mixture into balls.) Gently flatten rounds to ¼-inch thickness.
- Bake until bottoms are golden brown, about 20 minutes, switching pans on racks halfway through. Cool 1 minute on pan then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Serving size: 2 cookies