Teriyaki turkey burgers
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
1 tbsp(s), fresh, finely chopped
¼ cup(s), chopped
2 tbsp(s), fresh, finely chopped
1 egg white(s), large
8 medium, root ends trimmed
Reduced calorie hamburger roll(s)
4 item(s), 133331
- Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium-high; cover to maintain heat
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce, chopped scallions, cilantro and egg white; mix thoroughly with your hands or a spoon.
- Make 4 burgers, about 3 1/2-inches across and 3/4-inches wide.
- Place burgers on a nonstick baking tray; coat with cooking spray. Flip burgers and coat other side with cooking spray.
- Place burgers on heated grill (or grill pan) and cook, flipping once, until fully cooked, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. A few minutes before burgers are done, place whole scallions on center of grill and cook, turning once, until bright green and charred, about 2 minutes.
- Remove burgers and scallions to a plate; lightly toast rolls on grill. Serve each burger on a roll topped with 2 scallions.