uncooked lean pork tenderloin
1½ pound(s), cut itno thin strips
canned water-packed pineapple
15 oz, chunks variety
rice wine vinegar
unpacked brown sugar
¼ cup(s), packed
low sodium soy sauce
2 medium, sliced
1 small, sliced
long grain cooked brown rice
- Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside. Drain any remaining fat from skillet.
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; set aside.
- Combine water, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl; add to skillet and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add pork; cook covered over low heat until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Add peppers, onion and pineapple chunks; cook 5 minutes. Serve over rice. Yields 1 cup pork and 1/2 cup rice per serving.