Steak with Chimichurri and Parsnip Fries
TruLOCAL Top Sirloin Steak
½ tsp(s), For drizzling
2 clove(s), large
1 cup(s), Thick stems removed
Chili seasoning mix
Red wine vinegar
Uncooked cubed parsnip(s)
- About 20 minutes before grilling the steaks, remove them from the fridge and let them sit covered at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Scrub your parsnips clean and lightly peel them. Slice the parsnips length wise into about 3 inch strips.
- Toss parsnips strips in olive oil and season generously with sea salt. Line them on a baking sheet and transfer them to the oven for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown. (Flip them once during cooking.)
- While the parsnips fries are cooking, cook the steak. Heat a grill to high, and lightly season each side of the steaks with a tiny drizzle of oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn the steaks and cook for another 3-5 minutes for medium rare, 5-7 minutes for medium or 8-10 minutes for medium well.
- Once the steaks are done cooking, transfer them to a cutting board or plate, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, prepare the chimichurri. Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or blender and puree until smooth, adding the olive oil in batches.
- Serve steaks with a side of parsnip fries and a dollop of chimichurri sauce.