Spicy Roasted Mixed Nuts
A great trick in the kitchen is to start with an already made spice blend, like chili powder, and then adding other spices to it to make it uniquely your own. Here we’ve added some warm allspice and a bit of cayenne pepper to chili powder to give these nuts a bit more kick. Instead of allspice, you could also use cinnamon or nutmeg. Adjust the cayenne pepper to your own heat preference.
Mixed shelled nuts
1 cup(s), (almonds, cashews, walnuts, and pistachios)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk chili powder, allspice, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- In a medium bowl, spray nuts with nonstick spray; toss to coat. Sprinkle spice blend over nuts and stir to coat; spray with cooking spray.
- Spread out on a baking sheet in an even layer. Bake until toasted, stirring once, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serving size ⅛ cup