Roasted Butternut Squash with Parmesan, Lemon and Sage
Uncooked butternut squash
1 medium, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded (2 1/2 lbs)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp(s), (15 ml)
½ tsp(s), (2 ml)
¼ pinch, (1 ml) coarsely ground
1 clove(s), medium, chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp(s), (45 ml) (preferably Parmigiano Reggiano)
1 tsp(s), (5 ml) minced
½ tsp(s), (2 ml) finely grated
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or regular foil coated with cooking spray, or just coatr pan with cooking spray.
- Cut neck of squash crosswise into 1.25-cm-thick (1/2-inch) slices. Cut bottom of squash lengthwise into 1.25-cm-thick (1/2-inch) wedges.
- Toss squash with oil on prepared pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat; spread into an even layer.
- Roast 15 minutes; remove from oven, flip squash and sprinkle with garlic. Roast until tender and light golden in spots, 8-10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle squash with Parmesan; return to oven and roast until cheese is melted, 2 minutes. Arrange squash on a serving platter; sprinkle with sage and zest (and add fresh black pepper, if desired).
- Serving size: about 175 ml (3/4 cup).