Roast Beef Sirloin Tip and Gravy
TruLOCAL Top Sirloin Steak
2 rib(s), medium
White all-purpose flour
TruLOCAL Beef Bone Broth
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash and roughly chop the carrots, onion and celery, there is no need to peel them. Break the garlic bulb into cloves, leaving them unpeeled.
- Add the vegetables to a large roasting pan, drizzle with ¼ tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat.
- Add the sirloin tip roast to the roasting pan and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Season generously with sea black and black pepper on all side, rubbing it in with your hands.
- Break rosemary sprigs into quarters and add to the roasting pan, scattering over vegetables.
- Transfer to the oven for to cook for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 400°F. Roast for an additional 8-10 minutes per 500 grams for medium-rare, 12-15 minutes per 500 grams for medium. (See packaging for exact weight.) Turn the beef halfway through for even cooking.
- Once cooked, remove beef from the oven and transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- While beef is resting, prepare the gravy. Put the same baking tray with all of the meat juices and vegetables on the stovetop.
- Stir in the flour, scraping all the stuck bits off the bottom of the pan. Stir in ½ cup of broth, scraping up browned bits with wooden spoon until everything has been removed from the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk in remaining broth, and then liquid strain through fine-mesh sieve into a saucepan. Discard of vegetables and rosemary.
- Place saucepan on the stovetop and bring to boil over medium heat. Allow to cook, whisking occasionally, until gravy has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Once beef is rested, slice and serve with gravy and sides of your choice and enjoy!