Pumpkin Ice Cream in Homemade Ice Cream Bowls
SmartPoints® value per serving
Tortillas are sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice, then baked. They turn into edible bowls for this delicious, elegant autumn dessert.
½ cup(s), puree
Pumpkin pie spice
1¼ tsp(s), divided
Light vanilla ice cream
Olive oil cooking spray
4 tsp(s), toasted
- In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; add ice cream and stir until blended. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- To make dessert cups, place oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a small cup, mix sugar with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Warm tortillas in microwave until pliable, about 10 to 20 seconds.
- Lightly coat both sides of warmed tortillas with cooking spray. Sprinkle one side of each tortilla with sugar mixture. Place each tortilla, sugar side-up, in a hole of a muffin pan, to form a bowl shape. Bake until tortillas are crisp, light golden and are holding their shape, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove tortillas from pan; cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, fill each cooled tortilla cup with 1/2 cup ice cream; sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon chopped pecans. Serve immediately. Yields 1 filled ice cream bowl per serving.
This recipe is a great make-ahead holiday dessert. Double or triple the recipe for larger gatherings and just assemble the ice cream in the bowls when it’s time for dessert.