Pork Chops with Braised Cabbage
4 tsp(s), divided
uncooked red onion(s)
1 medium, thinly sliced
fresh unpeeled Red Delicious apple slice(s)
uncooked red cabbage
1 head(s), large, thinly sliced
unsweetened apple juice
1½ fl oz
apple cider vinegar
2 tsp(s), divided
½ tsp(s), divided
cooked lean boneless pork chop
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tsp oil. Add onion and caraway seeds and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve, core, and cut 1 apple into 1-inch chunks. Peel, halve, and core remaining apple and coarsely grate. Combine cabbage and both apples in a 5- or 6-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in onion mixture, cranberries, apple juice, vinegar, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cover and cook until cabbage is tender, about 4 hours on Low, stirring after 2 hours of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm remaining 2 tsp oil. Sprinkle pork with remaining 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add chops to skillet and cook, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into side of chop registers 145°F, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with cabbage.
- Per serving: 1 pork chop and 1 cup cabbage