Oven-fried Greek chicken milanese
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
Fresh lemon juice
Extra virgin olive oil
White wine vinegar
1 cup(s), sliced
Uncooked fennel bulb(s)
Uncooked red onion(s)
Roasted red peppers (packed in water)
Crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; place a cooling rack over prepared pan and coat with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, 3/4 tsp salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Heat a large dry skillet over medium heat. Add panko; cook, stirring constantly, until toasted and golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer panko to a shallow dish.
- Combine egg whites and mustard in a second shallow dish.
- Dip a piece of chicken in egg mixture; turn to coat. Next, dredge both sides of chicken in panko; arrange on prepared rack. Repeat with remaining ingredients; coat with cooking spray. Bake chicken until crisp and just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, in a large mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, vinegar and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Add romaine, cucumber, fennel, onion, roasted peppers, olives and dill to bowl; toss well and sprinkle with feta. Serve chicken with salad.
- Serving size: 1 piece of chicken and 2 cups of salad.