Orange bourbon sour
Use your favorite variety of orange. Tart Seville, classic navel, pink-hued Cara Cara-they're all wonderful paired with the smoky sweetness of bourbon in this drink.
Fresh orange juice
3 fl oz, from 1 large orange (plus some zest)
1 egg white(s), large, pasteurized
1½ fl oz
2 fl oz, chilled
1 pinch, for garnish
- Remove 2 strips of peel from orange with a vegetable peeler; set aside. Cut orange in half; squeeze 3 fl oz juice (6 Tbsp) into a bowl – remove any seeds.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice; add egg white. Pour bourbon and orange juice into shaker; cover and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Rim a cocktail or martini glass with one strip of peel; pour cold club soda into glass.
- Slowly pour contents of shaker into glass; let set for 30 seconds and egg white will rise to the top.
- Lightly dust egg white with a dash of cinnamon; garnish with an orange peel twist.
Makes 1 cocktail.