Oatmeal-buttermilk pancakes topped with cherries
Uncooked quick oats
Unpacked brown sugar
Unsweetened frozen sour red cherries
Reduced-calorie pancake syrup
- Combine buttermilk, oats and vanilla; let stand, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in oil and egg whites.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add oat mixture to flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup batter onto a hot, nonstick griddle. Flip pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges start to curl up.
- Top pancakes with cherries and syrup.
- Yields 2 pancakes, 1/2 cup cherries and 1 tablespoon syrup per serving.