Montreal Cheese Bagels
Refrigerated bread stick dough makes these cheesy bagels easy to make. You won’t need any cream cheese because the low-fat filling makes them moist and delicious.
Fat free cottage cheese
1 egg white(s)
Refrigerated bread stick dough
Olive oil cooking spray
Fresh lemon juice
- Coat a baking sheet with spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- To make filling, in a food processor or blender mix together cottage cheese, egg white, sugar, flour, and lemon juice until well blended and smooth.
- Separate each bread stick rectangle. Place two bread stick rectangles side by side and press together at the seam to form one larger rectangle. Repeat this with the remaining bread stick dough until you have 12 large rectangles.
- Place 1 tbsp of filling along one edge of each dough rectangle. Roll dough around filling until dough overlaps slightly and form into bagel shapes, pinching edges together to join.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 375-degrees F for 12 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned.