Mixed Berry Pancakes
- Total Time
Not as small as silver dollar pancakes but still on the petite side. Bursting with berries, they're just the right amount to satify. Extras freeze and reheat well.
mixed berries3 cup(s), fresh or frozen and thawed (chopped if large)
fresh lemon juice1 Tbsp, or more to taste
all-purpose flour1 cup(s)
sugar2 Tbsp, granulated
baking powder½ tsp
table salt⅛ tsp
low-fat buttermilk1 cup(s)
egg(s)1 large, separated
egg white(s)2 large
unsalted butter2 tsp, divided
powdered sugar1 Tbsp, for dusting
- In a medium bowl, gently toss berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, sift together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine buttermilk with egg yolk.
- Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture; stir in berries and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter until combined.