SmartPoints® value per serving
These baked and battered poppers have minimal PointsPlus® but maximum flavour. Whip them up for friends and family; they’ll be devoured in minutes.
Olive oil cooking spray
1 spray(s), (5 one-second sprays)
Low fat cream cheese
Low fat cheddar or colby cheese
4 oz, shredded
Fat free mayonnaise
Regular liquid egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise; mix well and set aside. Halve jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds. (Oil and seeds from the peppers can be irritating — wear gloves or put plastic bags over your hands. And don’t rub your eyes.) Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Place egg substitute in a shallow dish. Place cereal crumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip stuffed jalapeno halves into egg substitute and then roll in cereal crumbs to coat.
- Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve hot. Yields 2 poppers per serving.