olive oil cooking spray
1 spray(s), (5 one-second sprays)
low fat cream cheese
low fat cheddar or colby cheese
4 oz, shredded
fat free mayonnaise
regular liquid egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise; mix well and set aside. Halve jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds. (Oil and seeds from the peppers can be irritating — wear gloves or put plastic bags over your hands. And don’t rub your eyes.) Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Place egg substitute in a shallow dish. Place cereal crumbs in a separate shallow dish. Dip stuffed jalapeno halves into egg substitute and then roll in cereal crumbs to coat.
- Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve hot. Yields 2 poppers per serving.