Italian turkey and spaghetti squash pie
Uncooked spaghetti squash
Uncooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
1 small, chopped
1 clove(s), medium, minced
Canned diced tomatoes
29 oz, undrained
1 tsp, dried, or more to taste
Part-skim ricotta cheese
4 spray(s), (5 one-second sprays per serving), nonstick
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, in a large baking dish and prick skin all over with a fork. Bake until tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook turkey in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until brown, about 5 minutes. Drain, remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning; bring to boil. Reduce heat; add cooked turkey and simmer uncovered, 5 minutes, or until desired consistency, stirring often.
- Place ricotta cheese and egg in food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Remove squash from oven and increase oven temperature to 375ºF.
- Using a fork, carefully rake stringy squash pulp from shell, separating it into strands that look like spaghetti. Arrange spaghetti squash strands in bottom and up sides of pie plate to form a crust.
- Add ricotta cheese mixture and gently spread over squash. Pour tomato-turkey sauce over cheese mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.