4 - 6
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Sure, you could buy a bag of granola at the supermarket, but then you wouldn’t get the joy of filling your kitchen with the incredible baking aromas of cinnamon, ginger, nuts, and grains. DIY granola also allows you to customize—feel free to swap the almonds and cranberries for whatever nuts and dried fruit you like most. Enjoy with milk or as a yogurt topping.
Uncooked quick oats
Puffed rice cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Add the oats and cereal and toss to combine. Bake for 10 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the honey, apple juice, oil, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla.
- Transfer the oats and cereal to a large bowl, reserving the pan. Stir the nuts into the oats. Pour the honey mixture over the oats and mix thoroughly to distribute and coat completely. Spread the oats into an even layer on the reserved pan.
- Bake the granola for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes to avoid burning. Remove the granola from the oven and let cool. Stir in the raisins and cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
- Yields about 1⁄2 cup per serving.