Herby popcorn and sourdough stuffing
6 oz, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 cup(s), thinly sliced
½ cup(s), finely chopped
3 large clove(s), minced
¼ cup(s), chopped
No-salt-added chicken stock
2 large egg(s)
Plain air popped popcorn (prepared without oil)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 11 x 7–inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Arrange bread cubes on a sheet pan. Bake at 350°F until toasted, about 15 minutes. Set aside; leave oven on.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic; sauté until nearly tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in parsley and sage; sauté 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together stock, salt, pepper, and eggs. Stir in toasted bread and sautéed vegetables; let stand 2 minutes. Add popcorn and stir gently to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake at 350°F until lightly browned on top, about 30 minutes.
- Serving size: about ⅔ cup