Grilled Portobellos with Garlicky Herbed Bean Salad
Uncooked portabella mushroom(s)
4 large, stems removed, minced and reserved (about 1 lb)
2 tbsp(s), divided
Sweet red pepper(s)
1 spray(s), (5 one-second sprays per serving)(
Canned white beans
1½ cup(s), drained and rinsed
Fresh lemon juice
3 clove(s), medium, finely minced (or to taste)
3 medium, chopped
1 large, seeded and chopped
⅛ pinch, freshly cracked, or to taste
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of oil and vinegar together in a cup; brush mixture over top of mushroom caps and let sit 5 to 10 minutes to release juices.
- Grill mushrooms, stem side down, brushing with any extra oil mixture/juices, until slightly tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Turn mushrooms over and grill until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes more
- Meanwhile, lightly spray pepper halves with cooking spray; grill, skin-side down, until skin starts to blister; coarsely chop.
- Place peppers in a medium bowl. Add beans, minced mushroom stems, remaining tablespoon of oil, lemon juice, garlic, scallions, tomato, sage, salt and black pepper; toss well to coat.
- Reduce grill heat to low or move mushrooms to higher rack level. Spoon vegetable mixture into mushroom caps. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Yields 1 filled mushroom per serving.