Grilled margherita portobello mushrooms
Uncooked portabella mushroom(s)
4 item(s), stems removed, wiped clean with a damp paper towel
Olive oil cooking spray
Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 medium, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick slices
8 tbsp(s), fresh (for garnish)
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place mushrooms on a tray and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Place mushrooms on grill, underside (gill) down, and cook, covered, 4 minutes. Uncover and using tongs, flip mushrooms; cook for 4 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, garlic powder and oregano.
- After mushrooms have cooked for 8 minutes, remove them to a tray and reduce grill heat to medium-low. Fill each mushroom cap with about 2 tablespoons of seasoned cheese. Place mushrooms back on grill and cook, covered, until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms to a serving plate and top each with 4 slices of tomato and 2 basil leaves.
- Yields 1 mushroom per serving.