Grilled chicken with puttanesca sauce
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1 pound(s), (450 g), cutlets
½ tsp(s), (2 ml)
¼ pinch, (1 ml)
Olive oil cooking spray
1½ cup(s), (375 ml), quartered
8 small, pitted, coarsely chopped
1 tbsp(s), (15 ml), drained
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp(s), (15 ml),
Crushed red pepper flakes
⅛ tsp(s), (0.5 ml) (1 pinch)
1 tsp(s), (5 ml, optional)
2 tbsp(s), (30 ml), fresh, slivered
2 clove(s), medium, minced
- Coat a grill pan with cooking spray; set pan over mediumhigh heat. (Alternately, coat an outdoor grill with cooking spray; heat to medium-high).
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; grill 2-3 minutes. Flip chicken; grill until just cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. Transfer to a platter; let rest 5 minutes.
- While chicken rests, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olives and capers; set aside.
- Warm oil in a small skillet over medium heat; add garlic and crushed red pepper. Sauté until just fragrant, about 30 seconds; stir in anchovy paste if using.
- Add anchovy mixture to tomato mixture; stir gently. Sprinkle with basil; stir gently. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over top.