Grilled Chicken with Grilled Tomatillo Salsa
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
3 tsp(s), divided
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp(s), divided
1 pound(s), papery husks removed, rinsed, cored, roughly chopped
1 small, stemmed, seeded, roughly chopped
1 small, yellow variety, thinly sliced
½ cup(s), leaves (plus a few extra for serving)
Fresh lime juice
2 clove(s), medium, thinly sliced
- Prepare your grill for medium-high heat (or heat a large grill pan set over a couple of burners); make sure your grates are super-clean.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a large bowl; sprinkle with cumin and 1 tsp salt. Drizzle chicken with 1 Tbsp oil; evenly coat chicken with seasonings using your hands.
- Place tomatillos, jalapeño, onion and garlic on a large piece of aluminum foil; drizzle with remaining Tbsp oil and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Use your hands to mix everything together; fold foil to create a secure package (use a second piece of foil if needed).
- Place chicken and foil packet on grill. Cook, turning chicken and foil packet halfway through grilling, until chicken is browned and firm to touch and vegetables are softened (check by carefully opening package), 15 minutes total.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board; let rest while you finish making salsa.
- Carefully transfer contents of foil packet (including all of juice) to a blender or food processor; add cilantro, lime juice and remaining tsp salt. Pulse until smooth; add more salt and/or lime juice if necessary.
- Thickly slice chicken; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle salsa over top and garnish with cilantro; serve immediately.
- Serving size: 3 oz chicken plus 1/3 c salsa