Grilled chicken parmesan
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1½ pound(s), 4 (6-oz) breasts
1½ tbsp(s), divided
¾ tsp(s), divided
½ tsp(s), divided
2 tbsp(s), chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried basil
Red wine vinegar
1 clove(s), small, grated
1 oz, shaved
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken breasts evenly with 1 tbsp oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper.
- Thread tomatoes onto 3 (8- to 12-inch) skewers. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water 20 minutes prior to use to prevent charring.) Coat tomatoes with cooking spray. Arrange chicken and tomatoes on grill rack. Grill tomatoes until lightly charred and skins start to split, turning occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes. Grill chicken until a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Remove tomatoes from skewers into a medium bowl. Stir in remaining 1/2 tbsp oil, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper, basil, vinegar, and garlic. Spoon tomato mixture over chicken and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast, ¼ cup sauce, and about 1 tbsp cheese