Pumpkin pie spice
Packed brown sugar
½ cup(s), dark brown-variety
Cooked cubed butternut squash
1¾ cup(s), pureed (yields 1 cup puree)
Plain fat free yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin holes with cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, squash puree, oil, yogurt, molasses and egg. With an electric mixer on medium speed, mix for 1 to 2 minutes (or mix by hand).
- Make a well (a scooped out indention) in center of dry ingredients; pour in liquid mixture and gently fold to just combine (batter will be lumpy).
- Evenly pour batter into prepared muffin pan about two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Yields 1 muffin per serving.