Fresh fruit summer rolls with honey-lime dipping sauce
SmartPoints® value per serving
This will work with virtually any fruit – about 3 1/2 cups in total. Thinly slice softer fruits and cut crunchy fruit into long strips.
Fresh lime juice
Rice paper wrappers
Fresh mint leaves
1 cup(s), raw, thinly sliced
1 cup(s), very thinly sliced
1 cup(s), thinly sliced
1 medium, thinly sliced
- To make dipping sauce, combine lime juice and honey in a small airtight container; shake well.
- Set a shallow bowl of warm water next to a cutting board; have a plate with a damp towel nearby.
- Soak 1 rice paper wrapper in water until barely pliable but not limp, 30-40 seconds (the softer it gets, the more easily it will tear – you should still feel some of the paper’s texture); carefully slide it onto cutting board and lay flat (it will continue to soften as you work). Lay 1/8 of mint horizontally on lower third of wrapper, leaving about an inch on all sides; top with 1/8 of each fruit.
- Bring bottom edge of wrapper up and over, tucking carefully. Fold in sides; roll wrapper tightly. Transfer to plate and cover with damp towel; repeat with remaining ingredients to make 8 rolls. Serve rolls with dipping sauce.
- Serving size: 1 roll, 2 1/4 tsp sauce
You’ll need to work quickly once you start soaking rice papers, so arrange your filling ingredients in the order you’ll be grabbing them. Set a shallow bowl of warm water (a pie dish works perfectly) and the rice paper wrappers next to a cutting board. Have a plate with a damp towel nearby to hold completed rolls.