Easy Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon and Capers
SmartPoints® value per serving
Present your guests with a whole roasted cauliflower for a meal that’s sure to impress.
2 pound(s), green leaves discarded (1 large head)
2 tbsp(s), divided
1 tbsp(s), chopped
Fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp(s), rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Trim stem of cauliflower base so it will sit flat; place in prepared pan. Brush 1 Tbsp oil all over cauliflower florets; roast 15 minutes. Rotate pan in oven; roast until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes more (leave in a few minutes more if you prefer your vegetables extra tender).
- Meanwhile, combine lemon zest, parsley, lemon juice, capers and remaining 1 Tbsp oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- Transfer roasted cauliflower to a serving plate; brush oil mixture all over cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt; cut into eight pieces and serve.
- Serving size: 1/8th of cauliflower
When trimming cauliflower, do not remove core or the florets will break apart.