Cupcake Bites with Chocolate-Hazelnut Frosting
Vanilla lowfat yogurt
1 large egg(s)
1 tbsp(s), melted
Hazelnut and chocolate spread
3 tbsp(s), such as Nutella
Low fat cream cheese
1 tbsp(s), at room temperature
Fat free whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 24-hole mini muffin pan with cooking spray or line with mini cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest and melted butter. Fold dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon batter into each prepared muffin hole. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 12 minutes; let cool completely in pan.
- Meanwhile, to make frosting, in a medium bowl, whisk together chocolate hazelnut spread and cream cheese; mix in whipped topping until combined. Top each cupcake with about 1/2 tablespoon frosting; chill until ready to serve.
- Yields 1 cupcake per serving.