Chocolaty candy-cane triangles
Canned black beans
15 oz, rinsed and drained
Unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup(s), melted
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
Peppermint hard candy
4 item(s), crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place beans, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, salt, baking powder and both extracts in the bowl of a food processor; process on high for several minutes, until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several time). Add flour and semi-sweet chocolate chips; pulse until just combine.
- Spoon batter into baking pan; spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes; cool completely before adding topping.
- Meanwhile, combine white chocolate chips and oil in a small bowl; microwave on HIGH until chips melt, about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds and at 1 minute;microwave 30 seconds more if not fully melted.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top of cooled cake; sprinkle with crushed mints. Let cool and harden completely before cutting into 16 squares. Remove squares from pan, and cut each in half diagonally to make triangles.