Chocolate chip-cherry biscotti
1 large, beaten
2 large, beaten
Mini chocolate chips
1 tbsp(s), for rolling out dough
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together oil, sugar, egg and egg whites until well-combined. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, a little at a time, beating with each addition (dough will be stiff); fold in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 13- X 1 1/2-inch log and place on center of prepared baking sheet; bake for 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and remove baking sheet from oven. Cool dough long enough to cut into twenty-four 3/8-inch-thick diagonal slices. Lay slices on their sides on same baking sheet; return to oven. Bake for 10 minutes; flip and bake until lightly browned, about 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Yields 1 cookie per serving.