Chicken thighs with apples, onions and sauerkraut
Uncooked bone in skinless chicken thigh
24 oz, 4 x 6-ounce thighs
1 medium, sliced
Golden delicious apple
1 medium, cored and cut into chunks
2 cup(s), drained, refrigerated (bagged or jarred)
½ tsp(s), or to taste
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh, plus additional for garnish
¼ cup(s), sliced
1 tbsp(s), for serving, optional
- Spray chicken with olive oil nonstick spray and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Press Sauté on 6-quart Instant Pot and set cooking time for 15 minutes. When Hot is displayed, add chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Turn and cook until browned on second side, about 2 minutes longer. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion and apple to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is almost softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in sauerkraut, caraway seeds, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place chicken on top of sauerkraut mixture. Press Cancel to turn off pot. Lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Press Pressure Cook and select Low Pressure; set cooking time for 7 minutes. When time is up, press Cancel to turn off pot. Allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes. Move steam-release valve to Venting position to release remaining pressure. Remove lid.
- Arrange chicken on serving platter. Stir 1/4 cup dill into sauerkraut mixture; spoon sauerkraut onto platter surrounding chicken. Sprinkle with scallions and additional dill. Serve with mustard, if desired.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh and 3/4 cup sauerkraut