Chicken Caesar salad
1 medium, finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 clove(s), medium, crushed
1 tsp(s), and freshly ground black pepper
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
150 gm, quatre poitrine de poulet
Plain lowfat yogurt
1 tsp(s), wholegrain
1 head(s), small, Romaine, washed
Grated Parmesan cheese
Anchovies canned in oil drained
4 tbsp(s), reduced fat
- Mix lemon rind and juice, garlic, olive oil, dried herbs and seasoning in a shallow, non-metallic dish.
- Beat chicken breasts with a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten them slightly. Add to marinade, turn to coat, then cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Mash anchovies to a paste with a fork. Stir in yogurt and mustard.
- Tear lettuce leaves roughly into a salad bowl. Add dressing and toss. Arrange on four plates.
- Heat chargrill pan or grill. Cook chicken for 4 - 5 minutes on each side, until tender. Pierce with a knife to check - there should be no trace of pink juices. Cool for 2 - 3 minutes, then tear into pieces and add to salads.
- Serve, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and croutons.