Cheese-stuffed pretzel bites
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Guess what happens when you flatten out little pieces of our favorite two-ingredient dough (made from self-rising flour and fat-free Greek yogurt), wrap them around jalapeño string cheese, sprinkle with coarse salt, and bake until browned? You end up with an irresistible warm pretzel snack that’s bready, gooey-cheesy, and wonderfully salty. These pretzel bites would be a hit at any party, and you can get a headstart by wrapping the dough around the cheese, arranging on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and refrigerating (covered) until you’re ready to bake them.
White self-rising flour
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Black Diamond Cheestrings Mozzarella cheese strings
6 stick(s), each cut into 4 pieces
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
1 tsp(s), coarse
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour and yogurt in a medium bowl. Stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading). Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch-long rope; cut each rope into 12 (1-inch) pieces.
- Flatten each dough piece into a thin circle. Arrange 1 cheese piece in center of each dough piece; wrap dough around cheese, pinching holes and seams to seal. Roll between palms to help fully enclose dough around cheese. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Brush pretzel bites with egg and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 400°F until golden brown, 20-22 minutes. Serve warm with mustard.
- Serving size: 3 pretzel bites and ¾ tsp mustard