Broiled Pineapple with Candied Ginger-Crème Fraîche
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
¼ cup(s), (60 ml)
1½ tbsp(s), (22 ml) minced (candied ginger)
1 medium, peeled, cored, cut into 12 rounds
Unpacked light brown sugar
1½ tbsp(s), (22 ml)
½ tsp(s), (2 ml)
4 piece(s), large sprigs (optional)
- Set oven rack about 12.5 cm (5 inches) from broiler. Preheat broiler.
- Place yogourt in a small bowl and stir in ginger; set aside.
- Place 3 slices pineapple in each of 4 small (25-cm [10-inch]) oval gratin dishes, overlapping them slightly; sprinkle with sugar and allspice. Broil pineapple until bubbling and lightly caramelized, about 8 minutes (but check once or twice to make sure pineapple isn’t getting too dark).
- Remove pineapple from oven; top each dish with 15 ml (1 Tbsp) topping. Garnish with mint; serve warm.
- Serving size: 3 slices pineapple with 1 Tbsp topping