Blackberry and Plum Crumble by Daphne Oz
1 hr 20 min
Is there anything better than a warm berry crumble, bubbling with thick, garnet juices and scattered with a sweet, crunchy, nutty topping? I think not. This is just like all the ones you’ve had before, only without all that pesky refined sugar and flour and stuff.
Uncooked rolled oats
1 cup(s), gluten-free, if desired
3 tbsp(s), divided
3 tbsp(s), melted
½ tsp(s), pure variety suggested
2 item(s), small, ripe, pitted and sliced
1 piece(s), 1-inch, peeled and grated, optional
Fresh lemon juice
Whole milk plain goat yogurt
¼ cup(s), or sheep yogurt (or plain nonfat Greek yogurt), optional
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- To make the oat topping, combine the almond flour, oats, cinnamon, cardamom, sea salt, 1 tbsp date syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl until crumbly. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the blackberry filling. In a large bowl, mix the blackberries, plums, ginger (if using), lemon zest and juice, remaining 2 tbsp date syrup, and tapioca flour until combined. Place the filling into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the topping over the blackberry mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, until the crumble is golden and the filling is bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve with a dollop of optional yogurt.
- Serving size: 1/6th of crumble