Beef & Mushroom Risotto
4 cup(s), sliced
TruLOCAL Beef Bone Broth
2 item(s), minced
1 clove(s), medium, minced
Uncooked arborio rice
Grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp(s), roughly chopped, to serve
- In a large saucepan on medium, heat half of the butter and olive oil, add mushrooms, season with a pinch of salt, and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender and have reduced in size. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter and olive oil, add shallots and garlic, and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until shallots are translucent.
- Add rice, stir to combine, and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add ½ cup of broth. Cook, stirring gently until all of the liquid is absorbed. Add remaining broth in ½ cup batches at a time, stirring until all of the liquid is absorbed, before adding more, until all of the broth has been absorbed and the rice is tender, approximately 30-35 minutes. (Depending on your rice, you may need to add more broth or water. Just continue to add liquid until the rice is well cooked with a rich and creamy texture.)
- Once all of the liquid has been absorbed, return mushrooms to the pan, along with parmesan cheese, and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with more parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley on top as desired.